Now, more than ever, consumers want to know the story behind their food. When it comes to seafood, it is really difficult to tell this story. Despite being seen as a seafood destination and having an active fishery, most of the seafood offered in New England is imported product. We want to change this.
Our Wicked Fish, Inc. strives to give consumers, especially those in Massachusetts, the fish education they never had. We are constantly interviewing anglers, buyers, growers and sellers and asking them "What do you want people to know about our local fish?"
We hope you learn about what you eat, share what you learn, and appreciate the outstanding seafood Massachusetts has to offer. After all, some of the best seafood in the world comes from Massachusetts, and it is made possible by the people in your community who are passionate about our wicked fish.
WHAT WE DO
- Provide updates on which fish are in-season
- Bring forth additional materials and organizations who want New England's seafood to go back to being locally sourced
- Provide advertising for restaurants who support the local fishery.
- Highlight the people who keep New England's fishery alive.
- To constantly educate our community on our fishery in an engaging and thoughtful manner.
- Encourage restaurants and fish markets to supply underutilized species/pieces while promoting them to consumers
- To build partnerships within our fishery and encourage communication between active organizations
- To actively participate in seafood sustainability and marketing research